Apparently, Point Arena lighthouse is situated on the closest point of land to the Hawaiian Islands in the Continental United States. Though we didn't see any hula shows or have mai tai's ;), it definitely was a breathtaking view.
After driving north on PCH on a bright and clear California day, it got very cloudy by the time we arrived at Point Arena in the late afternoon. As I was scouting the area to set up the shot, I noticed the sun peaking through the clouds and "lighting the lighthouse" momentarily. Once I found a good spot, I set the camera on the tripod and had it ready to go. Now it was a matter of time before I was able to capture this beauty.
- Circular Blur - Oakland Fair, Oakland, CA
- Hazy Lights - HWY 1, Pescadero, CA
- Mustard Sunset - Fremont, CA
- Dormant Vines - Ridge Vineyards, Healdsburg, CA
- Stuck in Nature - Paradise Ridge Winery, Santa Ros...
- Beached Boat - Inverness, CA
- Armed With Light - Point Arena, CA
- Green Hill - Valley Ford, CA
- ▼ March ( 8 )